HOW TO DO MAYURASANA
This is a difficult type of postures. so practice it slowly and avoid remaining for more time in this posture in the beginning.
- Lie down flat on the floor, on your abdomen.
- Then try raising your whole body with the support of your palms, which would be firmly grounded on the floor with fingers pointing backward.
- Sitting on your upper scales, put your knees touching the floor.
- Then stretch out the fingers of hands and firmly place the palms on the floor or the Yoga net.
- Ensure that your elbows remain on both the sides of your navel.
- Now start stretching both legs together and come a little bit forward, but slowly and cautiously, After that try raising your upper part of the body.
- Once the upper part of the body is raised up, straighten both of your legs together like one stick.
- Now your posture would be as shown in the image.
- To get released from the asana is not so difficult; you can devise your own easy method that do not hurt your body.
BENEFITS OF MAYURASANA
- The Mayrasana (Peacock Posture) provides exercise to all of the parts of the body.
- It helps in toning up of some of the internal organs like liver, kidney and pancreas
- Those who have stomach disorder would be benefitted by doing this asana.
- Mayurasan keeps the whole body in balanced and concentrated position.