- The vegetables of all the kinds (except onion and garlic) and the sweet fruits are essential.
- Grain like wheat, rice and oats must be used, especially not in very much powdered form.
- Cereals and all types of milk products; and the natural sugar taken in form of Honey and sweet fruit would be better.
- It would be advisable not to consume non-vegetarian food like meat and seafood.
- Lesser intake of fried and intensely boiled food should be avoided.
- If it is possible take only the natural substances in your diet, and avoid the unnatural like processed food and artificial colours.
- These are general guide lines; you can devise your plate according to your choice and availability.
Theme: Yoga Asanas and Food. Eat Vegetarian Food for Health
Yoga systems do not advise you to starve yourself on 'bellow the poverty line diet', which is sometimes termed as Hollywood Diet, too. Our food is very much important in shaping the quality of our thoughts. Yoga system strongly believes and advocates that our mental development and spiritual uplift is linked with the food we consume. So there are theories in Yoga system and Ayurved, the ancient system of healing, narrating how the purity of the diet helps us becoming peaceful and spiritually aware. There are three types of food. One is food that makes us unhealthy; second is food that gives us nourishment and health. The super food is the fruits that gives us mental peace..
Yoga and Diet: When you are practicing Yoga Asanas, you have decided to have all the benefits available by doing so. Therefore the diet should be devised in such a way that it augments the benefits of yoga practices. The composition of diet should be balanced and the quality vegetarian, as yoga denies any kind of violence. The food arrived through the process of killing another souls on the earth could not help our wellness, that is what yoga believes.
Here is some information about the vegetarian food that would help making our body and mind in balance.
Yoga Retreats in India
If you are troubled by diabetes, you can plan your diet according to your doctor’s advice. Here are some suggestion that would be helpful in arresting the diabetes.
THE POSTS VISITED MOST
Sitting Alignment in Yoga : Asana is a Sanskrit word meaning to keep our body in a particular posture. The great Yogi Patanjali had devis...
Theme: Learn Doing Yoga Exercises, How to do different yoga postures Learn Doing Yoga and Meditation Vrischika-asana, The Scorpion Pose ...
Learn Yoga Posture with ease. How to do Backbends. Yoga postures render our body into various poses. Some of the yoga asana would render our...
Standing Alignment in Yoga : Asana is a Sanskrit word. It means to keep our body in a particular posture. Many yogis have devised these who...
Our anatomy is made of bones and the joints. The joints get friction when we move our body. Hence the lubricating material that keeps out jo...