How to Do Cobra Pose
- After arranging your yoga mat on floor, just lie face-down.
- Keep your palms pasted on the floor. Keep both the legs together and stretched.
- Now drag your palms below your shoulders and inhale.
- Press your palms on the floor and try lifting your back upward.
- Lift your body to the level where you are on your palms and toes.
- Finally arrange your torso straight so as your head comes just over your palms. Here the whole body would look like a cobra with its raised head.
You can revert to your original position by resting your whole body flat on the floor.
Benefits of doing Cobra Pose
- Those who complaint about feeling pain in their back would certainly benefit by doing this pose.
- It is one of the whole body postures, as it provides exercise to whole of our body.
- This posture is done as a regular yoga exercise. The suitable time to it is the early morning. You can do it before going out for job. If we repeat the same pose for several times, it would be a good warm up.
- cobra pose strengthens the muscles of arms and chest, as half of the body weight falls on the arms. Both the shoulders would be stronger if this pose is done regularly.
- If these poses are done as a therapy, you cab reduce the extra fat deposited on your thighs and buttocks. If a person does cobra pose at the end working of a day, he or she would feel very much relieved. It would make us feeling stress-free.
- Some women have found this pose helping them to combat irregular menstruation. It might vary according to respective health of the women, but practicing of Cobra Pose would certainly help them.
How to Do Ardha Bhujangasana, Half Cobra Pose
The beginners Do the above pose in half. It is called Half Cobra Pose, as sown in here. You can start doing many yoga postures at home. However it would be better to enrol in a yoga school where trained teachers provide guidance. The experienced yoga trainers could help you knowing the technique of doing various difficult postures.
There are certain poses which can be done in the presence of a trained teacher only. To make your experience of doing yoga poses more comfortable and pleasant, you should have some yoga accessories. A fine yoga mat, a small cushion, and a comfortable yoga suit would be enough for the beginners. (Cobra Pose - Bujangasana (Image courtesy By Marcocarvalho [CC-BY-3.0], from Wikimedia Commons)
Here is another variation of this posture. For doing this pose, you are to be in the Half Cobra Pose as shown above. After that you are required to twist your both the legs. Bend your legs inward. Make sure that there is no pain in any limb. If you feel comfortable doing this, try to get your foot soles touching your head at backside. Then you will be in a pose shown here. [Image courtesy By Marcocarvalho (Own work) [CC-BY-3.0], via Wikimedia Commons]